Canadian Gate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throne of Chaos Campain

3 posters

Go down

Throne of Chaos Campain Empty Throne of Chaos Campain

Post by Robbie Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi, everybody as many of you didn't care I finished reading Tamurkhan the other day. As well as the stupendus story, the consumate Chaos dwarf list and the marevelous monsters it also had the rules for a narrative campain based on the story. So, I was wondering, if anybody would like to do it. It only needs two people and, acording to the book, the premium is between 3 and 6.

I would prefer that we keep it to mostly fantasy models (so no 40k, sorry) and had the armies at around 2500. Their will be two teams so don't worry if you don't have enough we can team you up for the battle. On the battle the minimum we need is 5 "regular" games and one giant battle at the end. Now I'm busy for the next while (till around mid april) so I thought I'd post this now so we can see if we've got enough people, to contact people who arent on this fourm/don't check it regularly, to debate teams, times, places and to come up with a sutable story line (as I don't think we have any chaos, nevermind nurgle players).

I'll put up some more information later when I don't have a math assignment. but untill then, what do you think?
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name: Baron Heinrich Von Hohenberg
UPP: 5424AC
Service: Noble

Back to top Go down

Throne of Chaos Campain Empty Re: Throne of Chaos Campain

Post by Calvin Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:42 pm

I am so stoked. I'd love to work together on a story for this with you! This is what I need to help get my army painted up, more motivation!

By mid April I may just have a little 1,000 point army done. And maybe a little extra by the time that final big battle happens. So if we are doing teams, this would be great!
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:27 pm

It, says to aim for a 3,000 pt. battle at the end. it has some funky scenarios for the battles. We can just do regular battles for some of them but i'm going to insist on the Dragon battle and I'd like to do the Storm of Magic suggestion for the final battle.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Don't you require special Storm of Magic related terrain pieces for that?

And Dragon Battle!? That sounds exciting. But I have no dragon, I hope other people do?
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm

I will procure one. And I was thinking that the final battle will have to more thought put into it, depending on the story line. I realised that the suggestion for their final battle is specific for Tamurkhans goals. We can discuss that sooner too tho.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 am

guess skaven vampire team? who else really has a fantasy army that wants to play fantasy
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:48 am

Well I vagly rember a Tomb Kings player, and there's that Bretonian player EmersonS. This is what I meant about contacting people, not everyone may check these forums often. Also if you know anybody...
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm

So, for the agressors (in the story it was Tamurkhan hordes), which is currently Calvin (vampires) and Colten (skaven), we should block out a story line. Now, trying not to give away too much of the campain, you will start in the Northern Chaos Wastes and end assaulting The Empire. So whatever your story is they reason your working together is because you were told of a object of power in the Chaos Wastes (wether you heard about this and then went to the chaos wastes, or you were already in the chaos wastes when you heard is up to you). The one who told you is a strange creature and through cunning, guile and charisma has managed to convice you to the chances of success will be greater if you work together but are you working for your own ends or its?

Now the other side represents the forces that assailed Tamurkhan on his march. Since I'm the only one on this side currently it' will probably just consist of whatever has been gathered to fight against your horde by the forces of good (Orcs and Goblins, and some Chaos Dwarfs, maybe a unit of wood elves). If we get some other players in we can put more of a story into this side.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 am

YA, Colten, lets team up! Pretty excited.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:39 pm

go team undead rats
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 pm

okay, so college is almost over so I'm getting ready to start on my bucket list. Does everybody want to start posting their army lists? I'll get mine up soon.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Couple questions:

How does this campaign play out? A series of published missions right? But we are going to use teams?

What exdactly to you mean byu posting army lists? What points value and will this list be locked in for the whole campaign?

Can I maybe proxie some of your units you are not using as some core units for my army? I'm not sure how much more models I will have finished by the time we are playing. I have a math final exam to worry about too.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm

A. hmmmm, not quite. It's devided into six.... sections. Each section can have as many games as you want and whoever wins that section gets a special ability in the sixth and final section (Whoever wins the sixth section wins the campain, winning in the 5 just makes it easier). The sections have published missions or suggestions for regular missions that you can use. As far as i know they'll work for teams.

B. Well the point's is one of the things we need to talk about. 2,000 seems to be what is best, so we'll need to see what can you both can contribute. Also it has to be within some restrictions that I... didn't post...... uh, I'll get on that soon.

C. Maybe, I'll have to see how much I need for 2,000. and don't worry I completly understand about exams.

I'll get the restrictions/ my army list within a day or two.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 am

One special character (ie. Azhag, Archon, The elven sorcer dude) per army. No individual magic item (big names, blood lines, fairies aren't restrected) worth more than 30pts, except for the army General, he can have up to 50pts.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:49 am

Sounds fair.

So are there going to be two sides in total? Like me and Colten versus you and possibly someone else?

I suppose we could at least start thinking of some sort of campaign story for this. Anything that you (or the campaign source material) would suggest?

In the smog choked mountains where Hashut sleeps.....
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Vell, we can easily say that "Team Evil" is just another part of Tamurkhan's horde. Or we could use my story I came up with above.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Maybe the vampire count feel threatened about land encroachment, so they
went and resurrected a destroyed skaven clan to drive ya out

Last edited by colten on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Nah, The Vampire general leading my army set out to the Northern Wastes in search of that once aformentioned "object of power." Being the immortal vampire that he is, he is wholly selfish and spends his time plotting and gaining power and stuff.

I really like the idea of zombie rats (I think I've even seen a counts as VC army done like that) But perhaps the Skaven weren't undead per se. Perhaps just drawn to the Vampire for whatever reason. Perhaps as mercenaries, or as Robbie said, you too are looking for this "object of power"
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 am

The object of power coul be warpstone and the skaken plan to let the undead take blows before stabbing them in the back, taking the item for themselves
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:01 am

So, think this has moved out of the conceptual stage so I'll move it to a more appropriate fourm. I say this because I have finally found time to put together an army list, I'll start off the new topic with said list.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content