Canadian Gate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Rule Forum.

3 posters

Go down

Warhammer Rule Forum. Empty Warhammer Rule Forum.

Post by Nathan Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:59 pm

This forum is an open discussion about Warhammer rules.

Rule question one.

If an independent character in artificer, power or scout armour joins a unit in terminator armour can he preform a sweeping advance? There is no rule to state that he cannot use sweeping advance, also there is no rule stating that all models in a squad need to be able to sweeping advance to be able to do so |to my knowledge.|

IE. Would a unit of Grey hunters with a wolf guard terminator be unable to sweeping advance because of the lone terminator. Or would Vulkan Hestan be unable to sweeping advance if supported by a unit of Th/Ss firedrake terminators?
Nathan
Nathan
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Rule Forum. Empty Re: Warhammer Rule Forum.

Post by colten Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 am

majority rule, he is joined with a unit so he is stuck with the termies etc
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:29 pm

ive been on the internet for 4 hours trying to figure out how many attacks the give and the community is split if i gives plus 1 attack or 2. what do u people think?
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:38 pm

but before the instant no happens look at this

"Also, it's easy to show why the Falchions give +2 attacks, as there is a precedent for this type of equipment writing style.

Marneus Calgar's power fists: "These are a matched pair of power fists." (pair = 2 = extra attack in close combat)

Nemesis Falchions: "The wielder of a pair of Nemesis Falchions gets +1 Attack." (pair = 2 = extra attack in close combat; additional special rule gives extra attack too)

It's painfully obvious that using two of the same special CC weapons gives +1 attack; that's why it's included in the main rules and not any codex. Calgar's power fists are written in this way and don't need the +1 qualifier. We know they give +1A already. They don't need to write +1A for the falchions either; that should then be a special rule, granting a second attack.

It's the same author that wrote both rules too, so it's consistent.

But since that "defies logical thought," we must wait another year for a FAQ."
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:50 pm

That does sound confusing. Right away I would assume they get +1 attack, that is just its thing. How many points to upgrade from reguh-luhr sword? Is it free or something or jsut a few points? Pretty sure it would only be 1 attack. Other crazy nemesis-related weapons are much better right?

If I were playing a game vs a GK player I would just let 'em decide on their own as I don't know enough about it. So I guess I'm no help. 2 attaks total per dude seems like enough if they are space marines. They still get storm bolters, 3 attacks total would not be fun.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 am

Well it 10 points for one reg guy, and 5 for termies. U would think for cheaper a plus 2 initiative is a way better grab if its only plus 1 attack. I just dont want to claim something that i dont really have
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 am

Okay, take +2 Inititative, it wont matter to a horde of Orks. If you have +1 attack, then its a big effin' deal.

What I am trying to say is, if you find it useful, it will be worth it to you.

Another example are SM tactical squads. With my outdated knowledge, tac squads have the option for a rocket launcher. It is the same points for a Devastator squad to purchase a rocket launcher. Even though a tactical squad will probably be moving around with its heavy weapon, and the Devastator squad standing around, its the same points cost because someone mught find a rocket launcher in a tactical squad quite useful. It is all in the tactics and play style.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:12 am

Been looking at brother corbulo and he rules!(see the rule thread works). So this is all based on my initial peerceptions of Warhammer 40k 6th edition and a handful of games played but as it would seem, Corbulo is quite literally a monster and a bargain.

Here is his tale of the tape so to speak
Gives all friendly Blood Angel units within 6 inches Feel No Pain and Furious Charge
Has his own Feel No Pain roll of a 2+
Has two Wounds
Is WS and BS 5
Grants you a single reroll on any roll in the game
Attacks with no less than 5 Weapon Skill 5 Strength 5 Rending attacks on the charge and 4 Weapon Skill 5 Strength 5 Rending attacks in subsequent rounds
As an Independant Character can benefit from Look Out Sir rolls of a 2+
Costs approximately the same as a stock Librarian or Chaplain
While most of these abilities can be useful beyond his points cost such as his Feel No Pain and Furious Charge bubbles or his Far Seeing Eye reroll, I believe the best use from him is in the abuse of the new wound allocation rules. To make use of this we will be focusing on his durability stats ie: two Wounds, Look Out Sir, 2+ Feel No Pain and to some extent, the Far Seeing Eye and why you should consider using Corbulo as a bullet shield first and foremost.

According the the rulebook on page 15...

To determine how many casulties are caused, you will need to allocate the Wounds caused and resolve any saving throws the target is allowed. For now, we're going to assume that all the models in the target unit have the same saving throw. If this is not the case, the method is slightly different, but we'll come to that later (see Mixed Saves below).

Mixed Saves
If the target unit consists of several different saving throws, you'll need to follow this process instead on the one presented above. This method is a little slower, but ensures every model gets full benefit of whatever save it is entitled to.

Allocate Wounds
First, allocate a Wound from the Wound pool to the enemy model closest to the firing unit.

Take Saves & Remove Casulties
The model gets to make a saving throw, if it has one (see page 16). If it fails, reduce that model's Wounds by 1. If the model is reduced to 0 Wounds, remove it as a casualty.

Continue allocating Woundsto the closest model, taking saves and removing casualties until the Wound pool is empty, or all models in the unit have been removed as casualties.
Now since the rules state that you CONTINUE ALLOCATING WOUNDS to the closest model you must simply make sure that Corbulo is the closest model to a firing unit and said unit must kill him before reaching any of your precious marines. In order to do this with regular weapons, weapons that are neither AP 1,2 or 3 and of a Strength less than 8 Corbulo must be wounded an average of 36 times, more than enough to kill an entire Tactical, Assault or Devastator squad under normal circumstances. This is of course without taking into account that Corbulo is able to use his Far Seeing Eye to reroll one of his 2+ Feel No Pain saves.

Against stronger weapons Corbulo still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Under the new rules for Feel No Pain, Corbulo is now able to take his 2+ saving throw against AP 1 and 2 weapons meaning that your opponent will have to cause an average of 12 wounds with any weapon that cancels out a 3+ save whilst still being Strength 8 or lower, more should he choose to use his Far Seeing Eye reroll on one of these Wounds. Again, enough to slaughter a Blood Angel squad under normal circumstances. Strength 8, 9 and 10 weapons sadly will turn Corbulo into a sticky mess very quickly and so this is where the advantage of his Independant Character status comes in. When an Instant Death Wound is allocated to cOrbulo you are able to make a Look Out, Sir roll of a 2+ and, if successful, allocate it to another model within 6 inches and in the unit that Corbulo is joined to. In failing this roll you are able to use your Far Seeing Eye in attempt to reroll it as if Corbulo is slain the roll will be lost.

With all of this in mind you simply must make sure that Corbulo remains in the line of fire whenever possible, in order to make the most of his abilities. Often it is not hard to make sure that Corbulo is the closest model to a firing unit, but a canny opponent may try and deny you his usefulness through the new Focus Fire rules. Basically your opponent can declare a level of cover save, such as a 6+ or none and only models that fit that description or have even worse cover may be affected. For this reason you must be careful not to leave a few models out of cover unless Corbulo is also out in the open. Otherwise your opponent is allowed to Focus Fire and ignore Corbulo altogether.

If you are not sold on the new 6th edition gem Brother Corbulo is for his toughness alone keep in mind his 5 WS 5 Strength 5 Rending attacks, Feel No Pain and Furious Charge bubbles and of course, should you not use it to keep Corbulo alive, the Far Seeing Eye. In short I hope to inspire some of you to add this model to your collections, and to maybe inspire you to look at him in a different way.
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 am

If u readall that u could tell i didnt write it
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:08 am

I think calvin sayed it best; "Remember, you can always roll a one."

I like the idea, its like the archon with the 2+inval save.
Nathan
Nathan
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:40 pm

bad news... khorne berzerkers are elites now Sad
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 am

How U know this? Book not due for release till the 8th
Nathan
Nathan
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down