Canadian Gate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planned Apocalypse

+2
colten
Calvin
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Planned Apocalypse - Page 3 Empty Re: Planned Apocalypse

Post by ian Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

a Vanquisher whould make swiss cheese out of your land raiders

ian
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name: Rey Pallant
UPP: 67CD65
Service: Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:00 pm

My Kila Krusha well kill dem both!

but anyway. What do you people think?
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name: Baron Heinrich Von Hohenberg
UPP: 5424AC
Service: Noble

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:48 pm

The game itself wont change much. The only difference is the units that will be sitting back, will be guaranteed cover saves.

My favorite part is the fact that all vehicles will be delayed so that it escalates from an infantry skirmish and then goes nutz as vehicles roll onto the table.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 am

i should bring daemons then theres no need to charge trenches:P
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reuben Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:36 am

lol thats just not fair with all your invulnerable saves and such so you can just walk through the middle anyway
Reuben
Reuben
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:39 am

well i know ill be happly cowering in some trenches

ian
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Another thought I had was that deep striking forces would start to arrive on the third turn. It would represent how they would have to scramble to get whatever method they were using to deep strike ready.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:46 pm

So, telyporta game. What had we decided?
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Ya, Two game boards. Each one will have two apocalypse sized armies facing off in a standard Apocalypse game. One team from one game will have an ally on the other board. So what appears to be two seperate games will actually be linked by roaming portals. We came up with a bunch of great ideas just after you left that discussion.

Turns on both of the boards will be at the same time as if they were allies on the same board, taking turns at the same time and waiting for the other board to finish a phase before moving on to the next. Each team (this spans both tables) will go for scoring points as in a regular apoc game, but we may add a number of bonus points as well.

A new phase will be added to the game. Well, kinda two. We think that the roaming portals will move at the end of each assault phase, essentially moving twice in one game turn. They will randomly move 3D6 inches. After that a sort of communication phase will occur, where one whole team will meet somewhere that isn't in view of any of the other tables or where the other team is meeting. They can discuss the situation on their tables with eachother. Make battle plans and stuff here. Of course there will be plenty of times to meet up during the turns to pass off teleporting units and such.

So, the roaming portals. Well, we figured they would be like large blast sized circles. These will block line of sight up to like the height of a vehicle I think. So yes, you can use them to hide stuff behind. In the portal phase, they will move randomly 3D6 inches. Any unit that makes contact with, or gets passed over by the portals, Will get sucked up and teleported. Also, during the game, if models are moved for any game reason they will be sucked up. This includes purposeful movement in the movement phase, running, charging, consolodating, as well as other special rules in which models get moved.

When a model gets teleported, they will exit the the corrisponding portal on the other table. They are deployed like 1 or 2 inches from the portal. The portals will be marked with directions. So a unit that entered the portal on one board from, say, the south end of the portal, will come out the north end of the portal on the other board. The compass heading of each portal can be very different from both eachother and the true heading of the tables. The portals can spin as they move, which we can figure out how to do that.

There are also ideas for stray blasts entering portals. Like for instance, a missile laucher fires at an enemy unit, but it misses and drifts in behind a portal. The missile will actually enter the portal and continue in the same direction on the other table. Measure the distace past the EDGE of the portal it entered. Lets say the blast landed 8" past the edge if the west end. It would actually truely land 8" past the edge of the north end of the portal on the other table.

There are some other ideas about assaults as well. Hopefully everone involved can put their input into this awesome idea. Also we need some people to come up with some good fluffy story for the battle and the roaming portals to make this awesome event even more memorable.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Okay looks good, Just two things. Will units that are sucked up in close combat still be in close combat when the exit? and we should do a battle report and video tape it or something.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Ya we already got some ideas about assault teleports. I just got tired of typing.

If a unit in assault gets teleported, it will get teleported, but will come out the other board no longer in close combat. If a unit they are engaged in close combat with also gets teleported, they come out on the other board still in close combat. We also mused that they should all count as having Initiative 1 in the next round of assault. Meaning that everything will go at the same time no matter what. But just for the one round.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 am

broken down webways might cause a hole in the fabric of reality leading to some other place or DIMMENSION duh duh duuuhhbut for the battle itself meh they just got mad at each other during negotiations lol
Henry
Henry
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 am

reuben by the way i was 2 lazy to change profiles
Henry
Henry
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Or, the planets could contain a massive cyclopean warp portal like the one in Jericho reach. The two planets are on either side of the galaxy and through smaller portals and trick rooms two teams have formed out of the parties interested in controlling the portal (or destroying it). Within the last twenty four hours something has happened to turn on the device. As ancient machines grind, spark, and roar to life, portal storms begin to sweep the surface of the planet. Both sides have mobilized for war as the planets begin to transform into their "awake" form. Both sides fight for control and in the balance either a stable portal will open, or a massive resonance cascade will tear a new warp rift into real space and provide a new door for the ruinous powers to spread their malign influence.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 pm

No offence Reuben, but I officially appoint Robbie as Head Chief Master Excecutive Fluff and Back Story Thinker-upper. Lets start getting some teams for this game.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:12 pm

uh yeah Robbie wins

ian
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:19 pm

What can I say, my head's full of fluff. So Ork, Tau, and DE would all be on the side of the portal forming normaly, though the Ork could be on the side of cascade. My DE and Orks would be on the side of evil and I could lend my Tau to the good team. As of right now that's the only ways I can think of how to determine teams.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 am

What do you mean by the side of the portal forming normally?

So I guess this game will be planned for like two weeks from now? Sounds about right to me. The crucial thing will to make sure the whole portal rules and such work fair and proper. I don't want to be playing this game and having units get teleported every freaking turn. Things need to be ironed out. We want the game to run smoothly, so we really need to work on making the rules proper. Perhaps even testing them out before hand.

I also have send a message to Nathan. If he joins he will have either 4k-ish points of Orks or 3k-ish points of SMs or even both. This possibility needs to be put in the mix as well, but remember it is just a possibility right now. I highly dought he would use ALL 4k or more points in this game if he did join.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:56 am

I was thinking of ways we could form the two teams and have it be part of the story. If the portal forms normally it will allow accesses from one side of the galaxy to the other, this would be good for a lot of things, trade, raiding, troop movement and so forth. If it misfires, for some reasons (IE magic or explody firey things) it will create two warp rifts in space. This will prevent transportation through the gate but will allow chaos forces in. I could see a division of force that wouldn't normally make sense this way. For instance Space Marines, Chaos deamons/marines, and Eldar could be on the same side because they all want the gate destroyed (though they might be on different sides of the gate), and on the other force Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar and Orks could be fighting to keep it open. The Imperial Guard and Orks could be fighting the Chaos while the Dark Eldar and ... Orks could be fighting Space Marines/Eldar. This is just an example of how I think that could work or it could just be Good vs Evil.

By 2 weeks do you mean the 2nd? I could probably do that.

As a last little bit of fluff I was envisioning that the battles would be fought over the "poles" of what were previously thought to be just planets. As the battle is raging on both gates I envisioned the planets spliting in half and being hollow inside where a really cool looking wormhole. Something like a clear bubble with a warped view of the other side of the portal inside. While the rest of the gates shifted and changed the poles (with the command center for the portal in them) and the immediate area around them would be unaffected. The rest of the planet would be something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4GaPcLgOs

Except not transforming into a giant robot. I was thinking that the finished portal (asuming it was successfully activated) would look something like concentric circles spinning around the actual wormhole. On the top of the largest circle would be the platform that they we were doing battle on. The purpose of the platform was a flat area for the builders (old ones, ancient Eldar, Necrontyr whoever) to erect a living space for the keepers of the gate, it would seem that was the case anyway due to the ruins found.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reuben Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:08 am

indeed i agree robbie wins lol
Reuben
Reuben
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 pm

UNICRON!!! of course he would what the planet actually is! Haha. Nice! But ya, I get what you are saying. So one table is the north pole, and the other table is the south pole? That is pretty cool. Thats where they find the activation stations right?

As for teams its a great idea to try to avoid the standard Good vs Evil thing. Just remember that even with allies on the other table (an entire planet's diameter away) that they must be working well enough together to have teleported units following the command of the ally's players (their commanders)

Hope that makes sense. Also, don't forget that we have to have Tyranids with allies. Of course I'm sure we can find a simple way, I just don't want everyone to think "Hey Tyranids are in this? Well they are on their own then because they are bug alien creatures. blah blah blah and etc." Just something I wanted to point out. It still can be something simple of course, like the allies have mind controlled the Tyranids, or (because despite being very very alien) they could have made bargains and pacts with allies usually psychically inclined races such as CSMs or Deamons, or anything non Imperial. Or hell, even Imperial types may have found a way and chose to work with them.

Also, I mean 2 weeks as in roughly two weeks. Roughly. I have no set date in mind yet. We need to be solid on how this game willl be played. So much so that we start the actual game right when people arrive.

I'm still a little worried about the rules for the portals. If a large unit (either like 20 models + or like a land raider sized or more vehicle) just exited a portal, then the portal moves, what are the odds that that unit gets teleported back right away? If the unit takes up one side of the portal, thats already a 50/50 chance they just get teleported back, which would not be very fun. But maybe its not so bad, we would have to ponder and maybe test this.

Ummm, what else...

Terrain. The concept reminds me of Halo, where an artificial planet exists with plenty of natural earth like growth, trees, boulders, and maybe even birds and such. But there are obviously artificial constructed structures on the planet that seem firmly inbedded in the planet's bedrock. Of course they are part of the structure and frame of the artificial planet. So some kind of large structure in the middle of each table representing the command core deal thingy. Other smaller artificial structures and boulders and trees and stuff.

Please, everyone else put your two cents worth in. For anything regarding this game.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:51 pm

If absolutely nothing else the Wych Cult I work with could have been storing the Tyranids and chose to release them at this time. They could release them on either side of the portal. Since they run on a synapse if a controller was implanted in the synapse creatures...

Also I could bring my "observatory" for one of the buildings as the command centre.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 am

Another idea for the nid's while you are mentioning halo it could be somewhat like the one level were you work with the flood momentarily. As much as they want you dead its paramount that they stop or start this thing so they are willing to work with an ally.... momentarily

ian
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:00 am

Ya, those ideas are great guys!

Also, for the floor war "table" should we make it the same dimensions as the other table (as in, 9'x5') or should we try to make is some size that fills the room better? Although I haven't scoped it out yet, I believe it will be a bit of a tight fit, as in, we may have to step over or on the "table" part of the floor just to get around. Not a bid deal, thats just a part of floor wars!
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:06 am

Okay guys, lets start getting some teams here. When I have a moment to spare, I can join in on the suggestions, but I wnat to get this going. That way we can start getting some numbers, then some lists. Then we can play.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down