Canadian Gate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC)

+2
Taegen Kirsch
Calvin
6 posters

Go down

Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC) Empty Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC)

Post by Calvin Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:07 pm

TRAVELLER
The Search For More Money
(Out of Character)

Okay so this is where everyone will post stuff regarding the game. This is for out of character use. For smaller out of character comments, questions, and confirmations just use a spoiler in the In Character (IC) thread. That way your comments and such will stay consistent with the thread.

First of all, the more important topic: rules. Make sure you read and understand these rules before doing any posting on your own.

RULES FOR PLAYING BY POST

1. The IC thread is for posting IC only (OOC posts can still be in spoilers)
  2. I (as the GM) will post things in present tense and address all or some of the player characters in the second person (using "you")
  3. Player (you guys) will post in the present tense and describe everything in the third person (using him, her, they, he, she, a characters name, etc.) unless of course it is something your character is saying or thinking. This is important!
  4. Only describe actions and such that your character can do on his/her own. Do not take control of other characters or the enviroment. Other players will respond to your characters actions on theirs. I will respond to your character's actions on everything else (with NPCs, enviroments, etc.)
  5. Speech will be in bold with "quotation marks" for good measure.
  6. Thoughts are in italics. This can be used for helping to show me your character's true intentions.
  7. You have more than one day to respond to things that I or some other players post. This means you should take the time to write something intersting. Don't just write a simple sentence, add some flair so that your character is less like a stiff robot and a more fluid and living being. I'm not criticizing writing skills, this is so there is a story and not a list of "picks thing up" "uses said thing" and etc. Hell, if you don't have a whole lot to describe I can do that work for you as I am the GM!
  8. Use the preview button (next to the send button) to check to make sure that your post if properly formatted and spelling and grammar checked.
  9. If you are going to stop playing this game either for a certain amount of time or forever please tell me instead of just dissappearing!
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC) Empty Re: Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC)

Post by Calvin Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:52 pm

Just an update: I will be putting everyone's character sheets up soon. Some of you don't have a name for your character yet. Get that to me when you can. Also there is space on your character sheet for a description. You are able to edit this whenever you want.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC) Empty Re: Traveller: The Search For More Money (OOC)

Post by Calvin Wed May 04, 2011 9:19 pm

Your characters were all abducted by aliens from beyond. They came on what appeared to be standard ships common among the Solarate Worlds. They could have either took you form your home planet, while you were in outer space, or on some other planet. They came in either like 1 or 5 ships. A small group, and came swiftly upon you and other bystanders. They came specifically for the people and didn't stick around to do any fighting. You then were taken aboard a ship, either being transfered from ship to ship or straight to the curent one. They took your belongings and shoved you into a cell with the rest of the player characters. Thats where the game begins. You fill in the details of what happened during this abduction for your own character.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Taegen Kirsch Thu May 05, 2011 12:41 am

k dude my elfs name is Kruza, and he is the bad version of what ever dariens guy is,

Taegen Kirsch
Fast Attack
Fast Attack

Character sheet
Name: Kruza
UPP: 789684
Service: Pirate

Back to top Go down

Post by Taegen Kirsch Thu May 05, 2011 1:35 am

k i also have a question are we sopposed to just post once a day or wait for everyone or what, like how are we planning the turns, and theres just 4 in the traveller right

Taegen Kirsch
Fast Attack
Fast Attack

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm

There's like 7 of you now! You can pretty much post as often as you like. I would suggest waiting a bit for other people to post, but its not bad if you post something twice within like a day or whatever. Some people will post more often than others. Its only really a problem if someone posts waay mor often than others so much so that they are pretty much the only ones reacting to things. If there is something you really want to do/say, then go ahead. Just give others a chance to post something if you aren't like really wanting to try/say/do something.

Contact Darien some how to get some more information on the Avist people. You can check a bit out by looking at his character sheet. Its on his profile.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien Sun May 08, 2011 1:36 am

I think we need to make sure we interact with eachother enough. I guess it makes sense to ignore eachother for now because were a bunch of unfamiliar goombas in the same poop blizzard. But as the story continues lets remember not to act to independently, and occasionally throw a call for assistance,question, comment or insult at someone else.

So far, I am really excited, especially for interactions with Taegs character, THAT will be interesting.

Dont forget to review that message I sent you Taeg, see you on xbox.
Darien
Darien
Elite
Elite

Character sheet
Name: Fiona (Fio) Krazdrak
UPP: 83A939
Service: Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sun May 08, 2011 2:50 am

Darien has the right idea. But remember you actually did spend a bit of time with eachother. Probably just enough to get through the alienation or open hostility. I normally wasn't going to leave you all in the cell for this long, but I wanted to let you guys just get the feel for it as well as understand eachother's characters before its really crucial to start making life or death moves. Plus I am so amazed at how it has worked out so far! I just post something not entirely explained, and let the characters try to figure out what is going on.

Seriously, its like writing a story but your characters are alive and reacting to your narration. Its truelyy something to behold! Keep it up guys, it will get even more exciting soon.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Colton Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Sorry i didnt respond for awhile... computer woudnt start for a couple days, seems to be fine now.
Colton
Colton
Fast Attack
Fast Attack

Character sheet
Name: Fenris
UPP: 879547
Service: Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue May 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Sorry Colton, I had to delete your post. I thought I already made this clear. Please read rule number 4 again carefully. You are not allowed to take control of the universe! Please try this again but with only discribing things that are in your character's power to do. I will do the rest.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by wizfriz Tue May 10, 2011 3:16 pm

I am confused, do I have a ship? I am a merchant so I have probably seen lots of tecnology but what are my pros and cons? For this to work we should come up with this before hand.
wizfriz
wizfriz
Fast Attack
Fast Attack

Character sheet
Name: Mirtre
UPP: 668679
Service: Merchant

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue May 10, 2011 11:36 pm

You did when you generated your character. You would know if you own a ship or not. You have seen enough technology I'm sure. The vecta designed Mitre's gear right? Plus Mitre has training in electronics. I haven't made your homeworld yet so I'm not 100% sure where it stands in the tech level scale. But I'm sure its at normal levels.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Wed May 11, 2011 1:11 am

COMBAT!

So once combat has been called for, and initial situation (regarding surprise and encounter range, etc.) you will have a chance to to stuff. Although the system suggests everyone make a movement action before everyone makes a combat action this would be very slow. So I will allow within one post to make a movement action and any other action allowed within the same post. This means you can move first, and then do something, or do something, and then move. Since its within the same post it will bretty much turn out that you are doing both actions at the same time. (Or whatever)

Here is a list of possible combat ranges. These affect weapon ranges. Range bads are more like smaller units used to determine the distance between friend and for, or other things.

CLOSE (0 range bands) - good for up close and personal, face to face.

SHORT (0 range bands) - good for close combat like swords and spears and even pistols.

MEDIUM (1-2 range bands) - rifles are best here.

LONG (3-10 range bands) - rifles can make this range decent enough too.

VERY LONG (11-20 range bands) - this is the upper limit of rifles, also if a character is beyond 20 range bands from the nearest enemy, he can escape from combat.

Movement
So Here is a list of movement actions that you can state as your movement status:

evade: You may not make any form of attack and may not parry or block. You do recieve an advantageous DM in the defense of attacks. (you get better DMs at further distances.)

close range: you can move closer toward the enemy. this will move you 1 range band, or you can move 2 range bands but at the cost of 1 "Blows n' Swings"

open range: This will move away from the enemy, just in the same way as close range.

stand: This makes you just stand still, duh.

Close combat attacks
Any attack delivered with a brawling weapon (your own hands, clubs and cudgels) is considered a blow.
Any attack delivered with a blade or polearm weapon is considered a swing.
Each blow or swing decreases the "Blows n' Swings" by 1.
The amount of "Blows n' Swings" you get at the beginning of combat corrisponds to your endurance.

Here is a list of different kinds of swings or blows you can make:
Surprise: Used only when you have surprise. This will not reduce your "Blows n' Swings"
Combat: the standard attack. (This is the one that reduces the "Blows n' Swings" by 1.)
Weakened: These will not reduce your "Blows n' Swings" but will be harder to make blow or swing connect.
Special: This is just used for if there is an unconsious or otherwise unresisting oponent. This will not reduce your "Blows n' Swings" either. Kind of like a coup de grace type of thing.

You play the role, I'll play the roll
Remember rule 4 guys. Just state what your character is doing, other characters will handle theirs, and I'll handle the rest. I think that is all the info you need to know and you need to give me in combat. I should be able to do the rest. You can still do other non-combat oriented things in combat, but you must adhere to the above rules. Only one movement action, and one other action. Talking, shouting or thinking actions less than like two or three sentences are free.

I would appreciate if you state your movement and other actions in a spoiler. That way its clear as to what you are doing. Otherwise I will just take a guess as to what you intend to do.

PS- I will cover guns and such at a later time when it become neccessary or apparent. Good luck in combat!
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 pm

When doing spoilers for combat please lay down your actions like this, or at least similar:

stand, attack (combat blow) CENTER B-B with club

Put a movement action, and state if you are running (2 range bands) or walking (1 range band) where aplicable. (closing and opening range)

Then the action. The most common one obviously is attack when in combat. Make sure you specify what type of swing or blow and with what weapon.

Also specify who you are attacking.

That is pretty much just to make sure I have all of the info I need. You can put it in whatever format you want I guess.

A few things that are important to know:
remember to preview your post before sending it. This is rule number 8 guys!

If you are already at CLOSE range, you can't go any closer to the enemy, so closing range is impossible. Just use stand.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu May 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Sorry Calvin, how do I do the spoiler thing?
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name: Baron Heinrich Von Hohenberg
UPP: 5424AC
Service: Noble

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm

(color=choose colour) (spoiler) TEXT (/spoiler) (/color)

You have to use the SQUARE brackets [] and remember to set the colour to something thatll stand out against white. You can also change the title of the spoiler by typing (spoiler=title of choice)

So (color=purple)(spoiler=limit break) text (/spoiler)(/color)
Will turn into
limit break:
Darien
Darien
Elite
Elite

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu May 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks Darien. I guess the instructions are better on this topic than the other one.

Since I'm typing this, I might as well tell you that you can display raw code like this:
typing the stuff in green
Code:
[code][b][right]put stuff with code here[/right][/b][/code]

will turn into this when its all formatted and such.

Code:
[b][right]put stuff with code here[/right][/b]

use [code] The button for it looks like blue these things <>

Just for future reference.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Taegen Kirsch Sun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm

ya man i dont get how you do the whole spoiler thing,

Taegen Kirsch
Fast Attack
Fast Attack

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Taegen Kirsch Sun May 15, 2011 7:28 pm

killakrew:

Taegen Kirsch
Fast Attack
Fast Attack

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sat May 21, 2011 12:59 am

Combat surprise:

A party with the element of surprise may elect to avoid contact with the enemy.

A party with the element of surprise may attack with surprise blows, swings or shots until surprise is lost.

Surprise is lost when an enemy gives the alarm in some manner. Unsilenced shots will alert the enemy. Silenced guns, lasers, and guns in a vaccuum do not raise the alarm. A character who is hit from an attack but remains conscious will most likely raise the alarm as well. There is a chance that the alarm is raised each combat round if it is not already raised.

I'm assuming close combat attacks don't automatically raise the alarm either, stupid rule book.

Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:01 am

Sorry guys. I know I haven't been responding as rapidly as I normally would. I will try to remember to put something up soon. I haven't forgot, I swear!
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darien Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:37 am

Man I stopped getting emails about thread replies, good thing I decided to check in. I missed alot.
Darien
Darien
Elite
Elite

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum