Canadian Gate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Campaign (Small one)

4 posters

Go down

Warhammer Campaign (Small one) Empty Warhammer Campaign (Small one)

Post by Robbie Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Warhammer Campaign (Small one) Dark_s12

Campain so far:

Orcs and Goblins: 1, Chaos Dwarfs: 0, Dwarfs: 0, Dogs of war: 0

Winds of Magic:

Lore of Beasts

Lore of Light

Lore of Shadow

Dark Emmissaries' magic

Truthsayers magic

Lore of Death/Necromancy

Lore of Fire

Dark Magic

Lore of heavens

Lore of Metal

Waaagh! magic: +1 win, no benifits

Scenarios:

Scenario 1: The Mist recoil, was won by Orcs and Goblins

Scenario 2: Battle of the Great Ogham

Last edited by Robbie on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name: Baron Heinrich Von Hohenberg
UPP: 5424AC
Service: Noble

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Campaign (Small one) Empty Re: Warhammer Campaign (Small one)

Post by colten Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 am

damn dwarves!!!!!!
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reuben Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 am

chaos dwarves!!!!!what MADNESS IS THIS..!!
Reuben
Reuben
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:53 am

Yup, they can use magic and the Lords ride gigantic flying Bulls that breath fire. So... does anybody want to do the campaign? I know Colten has an army that can go either way, does anybody else have a fantasy army? If it's not that big I can lend some Dogs of War light cavalry ( ah ah ah cgoblinspiderriders).
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:49 am

bisexual jokes aside, I think your idea is great. I think I would be intersted. I wouldn't mind playing whatever army includes the goblin spider riders. That would be neat.

Is that dark shadows campaign an old global campaign? Hows does it work now? Is it a bit of a tree or ladder campaign?

Anyways, it sounds really intersting and seems like a cool way to learn about WFB; by jumping right into a story driven campaign!
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Yea, It's an old Global campain but it should work pretty well. It doesn't really change much in the rules. It mostly just sets the background, gives some new terrain and units, and puts in weather effects (everything from drizzles to thunderstorms if you unlucky enough). I was thinking of a Ladder campain (If I understand the term correctly) as it's my first campain. The "book" (I have a PDF) has a few campains in it so we could use those or just make up some. The first scenario I would like to use though, as it makes a good introduction.

If anybody has other fantasy armies please don't keep them to yourselves. Actually if a bunch of you just have a unit or two that you've picked up we could stuff them all into a Dogs of War army.

The first game would be the Mist Recoil scenario. It's basicly a D-day landing on Albion (The location of the campain, I'll explain it shortly). I have Goblins and Chaos Dwarfs (Which we could call regular Dwarfs with a weird color sceme), I would need to custum build some war machines though. The chaos Dwarfs would be best as defenders and the Goblins would be best as attackers. Deamons and Bretonians must be attackers. I probably have enought Goblins that I could fund two battles at the same time (if not attackers certainly as defenders).

So, the storyline: Dark times are once again on the warhammer world. Rumours of Dark Emissaries are filling the lands. They say that they come to people of like minded hearts and fill their ears with tales of power and wealth that their dark master will heap upon them should they come to his aid. Of course this could all be just bar talk. But the truth is; hordes of Orcs and Goblins have been seen coming out of the worlds edge mountains, the likes of which haven't been seen since the time of Morglum Necksnapper. Black Arcs have been sighted more fequently now, carrying their loads of Dark Elves to who knows where. Even more terrible the Witch King Malkieth, has been sighted abroad. Undead swarm and Man Sized rats have been said to be on the move. Where? That is not known. However, the tales say that the Isle of Albion has been sighted again in the north, the centurys of fog that hid the Island have been lifted leaving it open to men, monsters, and worse.

However the tales and whispers do not only speak of dark things. A mystical race of Warrior-wizards have begun gathering allies. Known as truth sayers they gather the best of to them, saying that a great evil has overcome Albion and shall destroy the world if set free. To those that help them they promise to teach secrets lost to civilization since the time of the Old Ones, before the Chaos portals crashed to the north and south poles. High Elves have already sailed with the Truthsayers aboard, the elector counts of the empire (after a suprisingly close vote) have decided to sale to Albion, though some refuse to go. Dwarves too have rallied to the call and come in the time of need. Even the Lizard men have come to the aid of the Truthsayers, though with a link to their past on the island perhapes they of all races rush onward.

Though the rewards will be great the way will not be easy. The fog may have lifted off the out skirts of the island but it still fills the center with a shroud that will just as easly hide you from your enemy as hide the fen waiting to swallow you without a trace. Jagged rocks and huge clifes (though the Island be fairly flat it's self) prevent many ships from landing, and the race of giants that live there love nothing more than to throw rocks at the puny boats below. But, the winds of magic blow strongly and strangly across the isle. The massive ogham stones bend and twist magic in strange ways, causing a small flame ment to light a fire to turn into a massive explosion of towering fire, or just as easily cause the strongest spells to spark from the casters finger tips and fade out. These Stones are the key to victory controll them, and you controll the island. The treasures of Albion await; the call to arms has begun!
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:16 pm

That's awesome, I would be really into playing this game. Since its small battles, we could even fit them into the games nights at my house. When other poeple are playing other games, we could play this.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

Okay, I'm really only free on the Holidays (Thanksgiving weekend and Remebrance Day), so if we want to have a couple games on those days and then some more during christmas break that be great.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:50 am

Okay then.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Okay, I've updated the campain statistics. I've also made a henge for the next scenario and a bunch of fenbeasts. I'm going to be busy for a bit because of midterms but I should be good after that.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:53 pm

Okay, so in another mad gambit to keep my sanity i've been tinkering some more with the campain. I was going through the PDF for campaining in Lustria and found a system for giving Characters upgrades as they go through. Do you think we should include it? I was thinking that it would have us create characters that would be able to go over into another campain if we so wanted. Also I put up a map of albion with locations of all the henges. If this seems like too many battles we can cut them down to warband fights, or if there seems like to little we could put in some warband/skirmish fights in between. What do ya guys think?

On an unrelated note, i just checked and I have 3.68 GB of PDFs for Fantasy, 40,00, Specilist games and World Works Gaming. Some need to be updated though.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:25 pm

By the way, I moved the topic to general as this is no longer an announcement.

And I have no idea about how big the campaign is. I would sugest that its little. Your the campaign manager, you decide what we do, I'm just in it to learn fantasy. (And to squash some Chaos Dwarves!)
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:28 pm

yet again........Damn dwarves!!!!!!
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:49 pm

colten wrote:yet again........Damn dwarves!!!!!!

Vell if you have a problem with my dwarfs, you have deamons. I'd take you on any time.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Ya his deamons could join thte campaign couldn't they?
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Of course. and if we're unlucky enough, he may even be able to field one of his lords.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:26 pm

How many units does he have and of what type? I'll be able to bring up a basic army list and see just how many points we'd be dealing with.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

skull taker the slayer of kings and aldanoth the bloodied scion as well ass lesser daemonettes and blood thirsters ( i am pretty sure grindy isn't able to joun however)
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

i mean join not joun
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 pm

650 pts. Just as it is you wouldn't be able to field your lord choices but later today i'll take a look at my two armys, and since I'm assuming you're going to side with warboss Robbba against the chaos dwarfs, I might need to buy a couple more units for my dwarf. If you did that you actuallly might be able to field a Lord.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:37 am

DWARFS!!!
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbie Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 am

So, looking at it if you put the Deamons and the Gobbos together you'd get enough points to field 1 lord. My chaos dwarf army can't really compete with that right now but If my endevors are succsesful I can get around that by having a siege. Through upgrades to the fortress I should be able to get level out the points. Especially since your side would need to have twice as many points as mine. Untill I track down some reliable rules we could just play some smaller games. The siege could be the final catalysmic battle for albion.
Robbie
Robbie
HQ
HQ

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:33 am

chickens
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down