Canadian Gate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should my space marine army have most of?

4 posters

Go down

What should my space marine army have most of? Empty What should my space marine army have most of?

Post by Sage Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 pm

A.a fast attack army that consists of deep striking units and fast attack units.
B.a mobile spearhead army that consists of several heavy support units that mow down the foe
C.a regular troop based army that consists of 1 or 2 or 3 heavy support vehicles 4 or 5 fast attack units or vehicles 5 or so elites and maybe 2 HQs and quite a few troops.
Sage
Sage
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name:
UPP:
Service:

http://lutafiskpage.wordpress.com/wp-admin/

Back to top Go down

What should my space marine army have most of? Empty Re: What should my space marine army have most of?

Post by Henry Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm

It's whatever ya want it to be
Henry
Henry
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

What should my space marine army have most of? Empty Re: What should my space marine army have most of?

Post by Calvin Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Henry, he is asking YOUR opinion, jeez. Watch me help him out, I'm awesome!

Choice C is really confusing. 4 or 5 fast attack units is a lot of fast attack. You can only have a max of 3 in a standard game so if you are tight on money do get that in all one go. And 5 elites? Same thing.

If you are going with vanilla marines then maybe do either the put ecerything in drop pods (which is always fun!) or maybe like do mostly troops, like 3 or 4 SM squads in Rhinos. Then just just get like 1 Devisator squad, and a pimped out biker squad. That way you can a good All-Around force.

So either do an all Deapstrike army, or an all-round army.

That's my opinion.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet
Name: Dr. Quack
UPP: 6A5668
Service: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by colten Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:12 am

marines can specialize, toward things like speed or vehicles, but the best thing is taking the right mixture so they can handle anything that gets in their cross hairs....so just a balance of ground troops, transport, tanks, and speed never hurt anyone
colten
colten
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks guys,BUT WTF ARE VANILLA MARINES!!!!!!!!!
Sage
Sage
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name:
UPP:
Service:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Not chocolate, and not strawberry. And not neopolitan. Just plain 'ol vanilla marines. Vanilla Marines the armies you can make from Codex Space Marines.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 am

As in vanilla as in plain ol space marines lol
Henry
Henry
HQ
HQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:54 am

I finally understands:)
Sage
Sage
HQ
HQ

Character sheet
Name:
UPP:
Service:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Dreadnoughts are classified by flavour as well. There are ones like Death Company Dreadnought, Venerable Dreadnought, Ironclad Dreadnought, and Dreadnought. The one that is vanilla should be obvious.
Calvin
Calvin
Special Character

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down